Are you a Principal or Vice-Principal responsible for the implementation of Reading Recovery in your school? Would you like an amazing reference guide to assist you in understanding Reading Recovery and supporting your Reading Recovery Teachers so that your young students can achieve success in reading and writing?
The Canadian Institute of Reading Recovery is delighted to announce the publication of A Principal’s Guide to Reading Recovery in Canada (2018). This 80 page, full colour guide recognizes the key role that principals play in ensuring success for Reading Recovery Students and Teachers in their schools.
The guide includes chapters on:
- What is Reading Recovery/IPLÉ
- Principal’s Key Role in Reading Recovery
- Key Personnel for Reading Recovery
- Professional Development and Reading Recovery
- Evaluation of Student Outcomes
- Reading Recovery/IPLÉ in your School
- Generating Support and Sustaining Reading Recovery/IPLÉ in your School
- Role of Canadian Institute of Reading Recovery, Sample Interview Questions, Working with Reading Recovery Teachers, Standards and Guidelines for Teacher Training
This invaluable guide is $10 and can be pre-ordered now. We are accepting bulk orders for this book from school districts who complete this order form. Orders will be filled by mid-December. We encourage school districts to purchase copies for each of their Principals, Vice-Principals and other School Administrators as well as a few extra copies for future needs. Orders will be shipped directly to the district.
The book can also be downloaded at no cost for use on your electronic devices.
We thank the Canadian Reading Recovery Trainers (Jennifer Flight, Christine Fraser, Yvette Heffernan, Allyson Matczuk, and Janice Van Dyke) for their work in editing the content of this guide and ensuring that it is a very useful document for years to come.