Changing Worlds – Young Children Becoming Literate
A One-Day Workshop in Winnipeg, Manitoba on April 6, 2019
On Saturday April 6, 2019 we are excited to be hosting a one day professional learning workshop in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This workshop is all about literacy learning for young children (6 and under).
Who should attend?
- Early Childhood Educators
- Daycare Providers
- Kindergarten and Pre-School Teachers
- Literacy Coaches and Specialists
- Parents, Grandparents and Caregivers of young children
Where is this workshop?
- The Victoria Inn in Winnipeg – right near the airport with lots of free parking.
- Purposeful play to support literacy
- Tips for reading to and writing with young children
- Literacy learning strategies parents can use with young children
- How to notice when extra supports are needed
- Sparking interest in reading and writing
- Where to find resources to support reading and writing
- and so much more!
Miriam Trehearne has been a classroom teacher, Program Specialist, University Associate, Reading Recovery Liaison Administrator and Literacy Specialist with one of the largest school districts in Canada. Miriam researches literacy best practices, presents at conferences, and has recently written six professional books, including an AEP Award Winner. A regular speaker at International Literacy Association, ECEC and Reading Recovery Conferences, she co-chaired a one-day Institute with renowned literacy expert Regie Routman.
Miriam will be speaking about High-Risk to Success Before Grade One: We Have the Proof! as her keynote address. She will also be presenting a workshop entitled, Developing Oral Language and Listening Comprehension in Preschool and Kindergarten Practical Strategies That Work!
How much will it cost?
- The workshop is $185 and includes refreshments, lunch, a keynote speaker and several engaging workshops throughout the day.
- Workshops are led by leading literacy experts in Manitoba
- The day will start at 9am and run through to 4:00pm.
- Invoicing for large groups can be arranged – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be several workshop options to choose from throughout the day. These workshops will be facilitated by local early literacy experts, Reading Recovery Teacher Leaders and Trainers from across Manitoba and experts in early childhood literacy learning.
There will also be a few exhibitors on-site with resources and materials to enhance literacy learning for young children.
Space is limited and you won’t want to miss this amazing learning event! Register today!