Expressions of interest are invited from teachers interested in a career opportunity relieving in the position of Reading Recovery Tutor from January 27 2017 for a 12 month period. The position with be located at:
Nirimba Office, Macquarie Park Operational Directorate, Eastern Road, Quakers Hill, NSW.
The Reading Recovery Tutor provides training and professional support for Reading Recovery teachers within and across schools.
An expression of interest addressing the criteria, of no more than 2 pages in length should be submitted to Leanne Steed, R/Teaching, Learning and Leading Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org address by 5pm on Friday 16 December 2016.
Statement of duties
- Supporting and coordinating Reading Recovery implementation within and across schools including training Reading Recovery teachers and providing ongoing professional support for Reading Recovery teachers.
- Consulting with Public Schools NSW personnel on Reading Recovery implementation and evaluation of the program.
- Qualification and training to work as a Reading Recovery Tutor (or “Teacher Leader” in other jurisdictions)
- Ability to work to a high standard within a team environment, with other professionals and school communities including communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of public education.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal Education policies.
One of the referees listed must be the applicant’s current principal or supervisor. Expressions of interest must not exceed 2 A4 pages and require the signature of the applicant’s current principal or supervisor.
For further information contact Leanne Steed on 92087620 or at Leanne.email@example.com.