School District No. 63
External Teaching Vacancy
|Closing Date:||March 3, 2017||Status:||Continuing|
|Start Date:||September 1, 2017||End Date:|
|Reading Recovery Teacher Leader|
The Saanich School District is seeking a full time continuing 1.0 (100%) Reading Recovery Teacher Leader for September 1, 2017. Reading Recovery Teacher Leaders are key leaders in the implementation of Reading Recovery. Teacher Leaders provide an important leadership and advocacy role within the Tri-District Reading Recovery Consortium (Saanich, Victoria, Sooke). The Teacher Leader would be responsible for training groups of teachers within the Consortium districts every year, supporting the work of previously trained Reading Recovery teachers and providing advice at all levels of the local education community regarding the operation of Reading Recovery.
- A valid BC Teaching Certificate
- Bachelor of Education (Elementary)
- A Master’s Degree is preferred
- Certification by the Canadian Institute for Reading Recovery
The position of Reading Recovery Teacher Leader also requires an active Reading Recovery teaching load within one of the Consortium schools.
- Teach a minimum number of Reading Recovery students daily.
- Organize and deliver the training course to a class of new Reading Recovery teachers.
- Provide professional support in the implementation of Reading Recovery.
- Visit teachers-in-training a minimum of 5 times in the training year.
- Work with the Liaison Administrator and other school and system administrators to ensure a quality implementation of Reading Recovery.
- Provide ongoing support to trained Reading Recovery Teachers through Teacher Leader visits and eight continuing contact sessions annually, along with other forms of communication.
- Collect and submit year-end data on Reading Recovery as required by the Regional Institute and submit training group data before the end of June.
- Complete an annual training centre report and submit to the Regional Institute by September 30th of each year.
- Attend the annual Teacher Leader Professional Development Forum.
- Ensure that all requests for exemptions from the Standards and Guidelines are submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist Reading Recovery Teachers and Principals in preparing annual school reports which reflect the schools’ implementations and contain information required by the CIRR.
- Ability to speak French would be an asset.
This posting is open to both internal and external candidates. External candidates can apply online via Make a Future www.makeafuture.com or send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates in advance for applying, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All postings close at 10:00 am on the listed closing date unless otherwise specified.